Saturday, June 13, 2009

Potty Training is a Success

Yay!! Braden is doing so well with his potty training! If we could just grasp going #2 we'd have it down! We went to church tonight and Braden wanted to go to the bathroom 3 times during church. We are only there for an hour. So he really was just curious. They have 3 different bathrooms..and he wanted to check them all out! Oh the joys! But we are SOOO proud of him. Three weeks ago we would have never thought he would catch on. But he did. Our lives are getting much better. And then maybe this fall we'll concentrate on training miss Kylee!
It seems like ever since we started having success with his potty training he has really started to grow in his speech. He's talking more and more everyday. Sometimes to the point where he is driving me crazy. Like "what are you doing Mommy? Why? Whats that?" Constant questions. But I am thankful he's coming around. Just in time to go to preschool in the fall. He is more and more aware of what is going on around him!
Yesterday we took the kids to Nashville for the day. We went to the zoo and mall. While we were at the Zoo Braden went to the bathroom with me. I had to laugh out loud when he said "what's that guy doing mommy?" (which is one of his favorite questions these days)! I had to explain that in public bathrooms there are more than one stalls for you to potty in. So the girl next to us was going to the bathroom too. Well them he wanted to see for himself... Luckily he understood when I said "honey we dont watch other people go potty!" Phew! Its funny how kids imagination works though. They are just so curious at this age. Keeps me young!
I'll post pics of our zoo trip later. I'm too tired tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment