Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Beach Time Baby!

Sorry I'm just now getting back to the blog. Life seems to be busy with three kiddos for some reason!!! The kids finished their last week of school last week and their end of year program. They did a fantastic job at the program. So proud of them. The kids are anxious for their summer break, but I think they will truly miss their friends. Braden has really become close with some of his classmates. I hope starting pre-k over again next year wont be too hard on him.

Friday after lunch we left for Florida! We had expected to be in Prattville around 8pm. But an overturned tanker truck just south of Birmingham closed 1-65 down. We luckily took some backroads and were able to get to the hotel about 10:30pm. So delayed us a few hours. Was a long evening, but we were just thankful to have somewhere to rest for a few hours! Unfortunately mom and dad decided to roll with it and stay on the highway. They ended up stuck for almost 4 hours. They went 9 miles in about 3.5 hours. Wow, what a rough night for them. Saturday we got up and hit the road early to get to the beach at noon!!! Yeah! We finally made it.

So far we've enjoyed beautiful weather. The kids are having a great time playing in the sand. I got Braden out in the ocean for a little bit yesterday.

We've eaten at Reggae J's at Pier Park Sunday night. Jon and I enjoyed Olive Garden Monday night. And Tuesday night we took the kids to the dog races! They really enjoyed watching the dog races. Although Kylee was 'concerned' about the bunny the dogs chase! So funny!

Drew-well he's mostly just along for the ride. He loves sitting in the pool by the ocean. As long as he's fed and rested he's usually pretty good!

Well the kids are wanting my attention. So I'm signing off for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment