Saturday, December 26, 2009

Lots to catch up on....

Well we had a wonderful time in Disney World. The kids had a blast. They got used to the idea real quickly of getting up everyday and going going & going!!! Jon and I have said over and over again how great travelers they are. They have really gotten used to the idea of traveling, by car, plane and just going with the flow!

We thoroughly enjoyed watching their eyes light up when they saw certain characters and rode rides. Disney World is such a magical place. A magical place for kids and adults!

Plane ride back went smooth as well, both kids fell asleep. That was nice. We could breathe a sigh of relief and just relax for an hour before having to drive home late. It was a long 3 hour drive from nashville. We were so exhausted-but we got back home in Evansville just a little past 11pm. Poor Jon had to get up the next day to work. Blech.

I woke up the next morning with the stomach bug. It was horrible. I had planned to get everything unpacked and laundry started before enjoying our days before Christmas. This year we werent really blessed with that. As we all were sick in some compacity. Thank God for Jon's parents. They kept the kids Tuesday & Wednesday while I was home sick. There is no way I could have taken care of them Tuesday-everytime I moved I got sick. It was awful. Then Braden got sick Wed morning at Alice's. Kylee had a horrible cough and slight fever. I was just starting to recover and feel better Thursday (Christmas Eve) and Braden was much better too. But that afternoon Kylee went downhill FAST. By the afternoon when we were getting ready for Christmas Eve mass she was running a 101 fever and just crying nonstop. She felt horrible. I stayed home from mass with her to let her rest up and let the medicine work on her fever. After mass Jon & Braden picked up to go to his parents for their Christmas. She did ok there. By the end of the evening her fever had spiked to 104.8. Wow we were scared. We talked to an on-call nurse and she said to treat her fever & cough at home unless it gets to be 105. (which I thought to myself-her fever isn't too much off of 105). So we did. She slept with us so we could keep a close eye on her. By midnight I woke Jon up b/c Kylee was breathing very differently. Her breaths were very rapid and deep. Fever was 102.5. Atleast the fever had come down somewhat. But we were very concerned. There is no way we would have been able to sleep. So I called the nurse back. We counted her breaths per minute and Jon counted 43. The nurse said anything over 40 is a concern. So off to the ER we went at 1am. Jons mom and dad came over to stay with Braden. Thankfully he slept thru all of this.

Luckily no one was in the ER. We were in and out in an hour. They gave her a steriod medicine for her cough. They said she has croup. Poor thing. Luckily the medicine seemed to really help her out. Her fever at the ER was 101.8(which I was pleased with). We finally laid back down at 3:30am. I slept in the recliner with her til 6:45am. Seemed like she was more comfortable being elevated and me holding her-so it just made since. She woke up with a 99 fever and was mostly in good spirits. Still weak and not eating much, but we were glad the fever had dropped drastically!

Today-(Saturday) she's doing much better. Still a bit grouchy-which I would be too. But all and all, she slept almost all night, just waking a few times with a cough. She's asleep now. I'm just letting her go to bed whenever she wants to at this point. she's not on any routine, but we're just tring to let her get all the sleep she can right now. Hopefully tomorrow she'll be ready to go at mom's for our Christmas. It was supposed to be Christmas night, but we had to reschedule it due to Kylee. Poor thing.

So it was a rough Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. But all and all, Jon and I said last night that we are so very blessed. It could have been a lot worse. We were just glad they didnt want to keep her. We really didnt know what to expect. She still isnt eating much or drinking. We're trying to constantly give her fluids, but she's not real big on drinking right now. We just take advantage on the moments when she is in the mood for something!

God has blessed us with two beautiful kids and each other. We could be more lucky. We have two wonderful support systems as well (our families).

Now I'm eager to see my mom and dad tomorrow-feels different not seeing them around the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment